What does it mean?
Goals, Plans, Challenges, Timeline, Budget, Authority, Negative Consequences, Positive Implications. The lead qualification criteria sales reps should use to qualify prospects -- it's a better tool than BANT to help sales reps and sales leaders to determine whether their prospects have the goals, plans, challenges, and right timeline to buy what they sell.
- G = Goals: Determines the quantifiable goals your prospect wants or needs to hit. An opportunity for sales reps to establish themselves as an advisor by beginning to help prospects reset or quantify their goals.
- P = Plans: Determines the prospect's current plans that they'll implement in order to achieve those goals.
- C = Challenges: Determines whether the sales rep can help a prospect overcome their and their company's challenges; ones they're dealing with and ones they (or the sales rep) anticipate.
- T = Timeline: Determines the time frame for implementation of their goals and plans, and when they need to eliminate their challenges.
- B = Budget: Determines how much money a prospect has to spend.
- A = Authority: Determines who in the organization will help champion and/or decide to make a purchase.
- C = Negative Consequences: Discusses the negative things that'll happen if a prospect doesn't meet their goal.
- I = Positive Implications: Discusses the positive outcomes that'll happen if a prospect meets their goal.